Bendable Hook and Loop Valance Solution
Fashion Rodding is a bendable, aluminum I-Beam with hook fastening tape incorporated on the face. It can be used for valances, stationary curtain panels, and stretch panels. Fashion Rodding is bendable by hand to form any size returns and to fit into bay and bow windows. Fashion Rodding is user friendly as it may be bent many times without breaking. It can be cut with a hacksaw or large tin snips. Fashion Rodding can be ceiling mounted, wall mounted, or attached to a vertical track using extension plates for a one step installation.
Any valance or curtain panel or Pencil Pleat drape with soft loop fastening tape can be attached to the face of the rodding. In addition to flat soft loop tape, Albert's Window Fashions offers a 3" OR 2" wide Pencil Pleat Tape with soft loop backing.
Advantages over Valance Board and Rod Pocket Installations
- Instantly remove fabric for washing via hook & loop tape
- Quick re-install by owner
- Light weight aluminum
- No need to adjust gathering when installing
- No rod showing through rod pocket with sheer and lace fabrics
- Support brackets do not interfere (as for rod pockets)
- Rounded corners on returns
- Staples or tacks are not necessary
Easy to Install
- Wall mount – Install brackets and snap rodding into clips
- Ceiling mount – Slide clips onto rodding and install onto ceiling
- Brackets or ceiling clips can be installed every 24-30 inches
Simplifies Bay and Bow window Installations
- Cut rodding to needed length (or order at exact dimensions)
- Bend returns or shape as needed (Rodding may be re-bent several times without breaking)
Use for Layered Treatments
- Fashion rodding may be made into multiple layer rodding for panel and valance combinations by attaching extra ceiling clips to the brackets. One piece of Fashion Rodding may be used for a double treatment by putting self-adhesive hook fastening tape on the backside of rodding. Curtain panels can be attached to the backside with a valance on the front side . . . or two part valances can be attached.
Additional Uses For Fashion Rodding
- Arch shaped windows
- Arch shape on wall to form headboard or other wall décor
- Ceiling mount around bed or bathtub for canopy or privacy panels.
- Bolt to swag holders to hold fabric in place between holders without sagging.
Fashion Rodding is available in lengths up to 8’9" (105") to meet UPS shipping size limits. It can be easily spliced by butting the two pieces of rodding together and placing an extra bracket on the splice. When the window treatment is in place, the splice is completely covered.